Game Teacher & friend
Randy grew up in Kansas and landed to Colorado in the mid-80s.
Gaming has always been a pastime of his, going all the way back to the Magnavox Odyssey.
Randy loves tabletop gaming because of the opportunity it presents to spend time with friends and foster those relationships. The games he finds most engaging are those that involve building/planning (though not so much to prevent casual conversation) and those that allow him to compete with himself more than with others.
He’s also an excellent game teacher, being incredibly thoughtful and considerate to those who are new to the hobby or any specific game.
- Randy is married to Sheri. They’re two of the kindest people you will ever meet.
- They have one tinny pup, Nyssa, a Yorkshire Terrier.
- He attended Kansas State University and received degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- Today Randy works as a technical architect, designing business applications and IT infrastructure in a large technology company.
- Randy’s favorite hardcore games include Hyperborea, Legendary Encounters, Mansions of Madness, and Eldritch Horror.
- Randy’s favorite casual games include Ticket to Ride (+ all maps), Tikal,7 Wonders (+ all expansions), Alhambra, Stone Age, Splendor, and Jamaica.
- He even designed a homemade expansion for Ticket to Ride involving mayors.
- When he’s no play games (tabletop or video) you can find him watching anime, reading manga, or spending time walking/training Nyssa.
- Randy has been gaming with Mark for over ten years and is a founding member of Boardgame Corner.